RStudio Community Monthly Events – November 2021
This article is originally published at https://blog.rstudio.com/
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: October 2021 Events.
You can subscribeOpens a new window to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- November 4, 2021: RStudio Hosted Evaluation Walkthrough - Build & Share Data Products Like The World’s Leading Companies (add to calendar)Opens a new window
- November 9, 2021: R in Public SectoR - The data you were promised…and the data that you got (add to calendar)Opens a new window
- November 10, 2021: R in Sports Analytics - NFL Big Data Bowl & Analyzing Tracking Data (add to calendar)Opens a new window
- November 15, 2021: R in Marketing - Survey Design for Applications of Machine Learning (add to calendar)Opens a new window
- November 17, 2021: R in Epidemiology - Connecting Primary Care Providers to their own data (add to calendar)Opens a new window
- November 30, 2021: R in Retail & E-Commerce - ML Ops for Recommendation Engines (add to calendar)Opens a new window
Data Science Hangout
We’ve started an informal “data science hangout” at RStudio for the data science community to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week. Join us this week to chat with Chase Carpenter, Director of Strategy & Analytics at the Chicago Cubs.
The conversation is all audience-based and there’s no registration needed, so you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on AddEventOpens a new window.
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on MeetupOpens a new window.
ICYMI: October 2021 Events
- Past Data Science HangoutsOpens a new window
- Business Reports with R MarkdownOpens a new window | Presented by Christophe Dervieux
- RStudio Team DemoOpens a new window | Presented by Tom Mock
- Hiring Great Data Science TeamsOpens a new window | Panel Webinar with Rhonda Crate, Jesse Mostipak, Katie Schafer, Jarus Singh, and Iyue Sung
- R in Sports Analytics - Introduction to GitHub ActionsOpens a new window | Presented by Michelle Brandão
- Scaling Spreadsheets with ROpens a new window | Presented by Nathan Stephens
- Leveraging R & Python in Tableau with RStudio ConnectOpens a new window | Presented by James Blair / Q&A with Kelly O’Briant
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission formOpens a new window. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!
Please visit source website for post related comments.