Non-Academic Careers for Astronomers and Physicists
This article is originally published at https://juliasilge.com/blog/
Today I’m giving a talk for the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Utah about careers outside academia for astronomers and physicists. Check out my slides here, and links/references from my talk below.
- STEM PhD finishers in the UK (from the Royal Society)
- Science & Engineering PhDs awarded and faculty positions (from Nature)
- Declining proposal success rates in astronomy (from the National Science Foundation)
- Pamela Gay on soft money positions
- Katie Mack’s Twitter
- Josh Wills’ Twitter
- Drew Conway
- Oliver Keyes on data science
- David Robinson on building public artifacts
Please visit source website for post related comments.