Moving from RPubs to Github documents
This article is originally published at https://nsaunders.wordpress.com
If you still follow my Twitter feed – I pity you, as it’s been rather boring of late. Consisting largely of Github commit messages, many including the words “knit to github document”.
Here’s why. RPubs, an early offering from RStudio, has been a great platform for easy and free publishing of HTML documents generated from RMarkdown and written in RStudio. That said, it’s always been very basic (e.g. no way to organise documents by content, tags). There’s been no real development of the platform for several years and of late, I’ve noticed it’s become less reliable. Bugs, for example, such as one document overwriting another when published from RStudio.
I think it’s unlikely that issues will be addressed, given that RStudio are now focused on RStudio Connect. So I’ve removed as many documents as I can and rewritten them as Github documents. These render as HTML when pushed to Github, generating attractive reports. Here’s an example.
I’ve done my best to update all blog posts here with links to the new reports. If you do come across old broken links to RPubs reports, just remember that the content is probably now at Github.
Please visit source website for post related comments.