Learning R: A Step-by-Step Function Guide to Data Analysis
Author: Richard Cotton
This book provides a good foundation for data analysis using the R language and software environment. You can start this book even with no or very little programming background. Following tutorials provided in this book, you’ll learn how to use the essential R tools you need to know to analyze data, including data types and programming concepts.
The second half of Learning R shows you real data analysis in action by covering everything from importing data to publishing your results. Each chapter in the book includes a quiz on what you’ve learned and concludes with exercises. Most of the quizes involve writing R code.
What will you learn:
- Write a simple R program, and discover what the language can do.
- Use data types such as vectors, arrays, lists, data frames, and strings.
- Execute code conditionally or repeatedly with branches and loops.
- Apply R add-on packages, and package your own work for others.
- Import from a variety of sources.
- Learn how to clean your data.
- Understand data through visualization and summary statistics.
- Use statistical models to analyze data.
- Make quantitative inferences from the analyzed data and make predictions.
- Learn what to do when things go wrong while writing data analysis code.
Contact us to share your book on R-CRAFT.ORG