RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup – June 2022
This article is originally published at https://www.rstudio.com/blog/
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming virtual events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: May 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- June 2, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Travis Gerke, Director of Data Science at PCCTC (add to calendar)
- June 7, 2022 at 12 ET: Making microservices a part of your data science team | Led by Tom Schenk & Bejan Sadeghian at KPMG (add to calendar)
- June 9, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tanya Cashorali, CEO and Founder at TCB Analytics (add to calendar)
- June 14, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Healthcare Meetup: Translating facts into insights at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia | Led by Jake Riley (add to calendar)
- June 16, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with David Meza, AIML R&D Lead, People Analytics at NASA (add to calendar)
- June 21, 2022 at 12 ET: Enabling Citizen Data Scientists with RStudio Academy | Led by James Wade, Dow Chemical (add to calendar)
- June 23, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Alec Campanini, Senior Manager II, Omni MerchOps Innovation: Assortment & Space Analytics at Walmart (add to calendar)
- June 28, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Sports Analytics Meetup: SportsDataverse Initiative | Led by Saiem Gilani, Houston Rockets (add to calendar)
- June 30, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Rebecca Hadi, Head of Data Science at Lyn Health (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
The Data Science Hangout is a weekly, free-to-join open conversation for current and aspiring data science leaders to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
The conversation is all audience-based and you can jump on whenever it fits your schedule. Add the weekly hangouts to your calendar on add to calendar and check out the website with all the recordings.
A few other things:
- All are welcome - no matter your industry/experience
- No need to register for anything
- It’s always okay to join for part of a session
- You can just listen-in if you want
- You can ask anonymous questions too!
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: May 2022 Events
- May 3, 2022 at 4 ET: Shiny modularization, Leaflet for R and Leaflet JS extensions with Epi-interactive | Led by Dr Uli Muellner and Nick Snellgrove at Epi-interactive (coming soon)
- May 5, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Michael Chow, Data Scientist & Software Engineer at RStudio
- May 12, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Wayne Jones, Principal Data Scientist at Shell
- May 17, 2022 at 12 ET: R for Clinical Study Reports & Submission | Led by Yilong Zhang, PhD at Meta
- May 19, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Lindsey Clark, Director of Data Science at Healthcare Bluebook
- May 25, 2022 at 12 ET: Optimizing Shiny for enterprise-grade apps | Led by Veerle Van Leemput at Analytic Health
- May 26, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Alice Walsh, VP, Translational Research at Pathos
- June 1, 2022 at 12 ET: Using Python with RStudio Team | Led by David Aja, RStudio (add to calendar)
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!
Please visit source website for post related comments.