RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup – April 2022
This article is originally published at https://www.rstudio.com/blog/Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
Welcome to RStudio Community Monthly Events Roundup, where we update you on upcoming virtual events happening at RStudio this month. Missed the great talks and presentations from last month? Find them listed under ICYMI: March 2022 Events.
You can subscribe to the Community Events Calendar so that new events will automatically appear on your calendar. Please note that by subscribing, all of the events in the calendar will appear on your own calendar. If you wish to add individual events instead, please use the links below.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Save the Date
- April 7, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Jenny Listman, Director of Research at Statespace (add to calendar)
- April 12, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Finance Meetup: Robust, modular dashboards that minimize tech debt | Led by Alan Carlson at Snap Finance (add to calendar)
- April 14, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joseph Korszun, Manager of Data Science at ProCogia (add to calendar)
- April 20, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Admins Meetup: Building an environment conducive for success| Led by Vergil Weatherford at Guidehouse and Mark Derry at Cenovus Energy (add to calendar)
- April 21, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Tegan Ashby, Senior Developer, Basketball Systems at the Brooklyn Nets and Co-Founder of Women in Sports Data (add to calendar)
- April 26, 2022 at 12 ET: Championing Analytic Infrastructure | Led by Kelly O’Briant at RStudio (add to calendar)
- April 28, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Daren Eiri, Director of Data Science at Arrowhead General Insurance Agency (add to calendar)
- May 3, 2022 at 4 ET: Under the Hood of the Aotearoa Road Trip App with Epi-interactive | Led by Dr Uli Muellner and Nick Snellgrove at Epi-interactive (add to calendar)
- May 11, 2022 at 12 ET: Optimizing Shiny for enterprise-grade apps | Led by Veerle Van Leemput at Analytic Health (add to calendar)
- May 17, 2022 at 12 ET: R for Clinical Study Reports & Submission | Led by Yilong Zhang, PhD at Merck (add to calendar)
Data Science Hangout
The Data Science Hangout is a weekly, free-to-join open conversation for current and aspiring data science leaders to connect and chat about some of the more human-centric questions around data science leadership. These happen every Thursday at 12 ET with a different leader featured each week.
A few other things:
- All are welcome - no matter your industry/experience
- No need to register for anything
- It’s always okay to join for part of a session
- You can just listen in if you want
- You can ask anonymous questions too!
RStudio Enterprise Community Meetups
We also host industry meetups for teams to share the work they are doing within their organizations, teach lessons learned, and network with others. Join the group on Meetup.
ICYMI: March 2022 Events
- March 2, 2022 at 12 ET: Advanced Usage Tracking of Shiny Applications in RStudio Connect | Led by Cole Arendt
- March 3, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Stephen Bailey, Data Engineer at Whatnot
- March 9, 2022: Data Visualization Accessibility | Led by Mara Averick and Maya Gans
- March 10, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Kristi Angel, Experimentation at Stitch Fix
- March 15, 2022 at 12 ET: R for Excel Users - First Steps | Led by George Mount
- March 17, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Joe Gibson, Senior Project Director at de Beaumont Foundation
- March 23, 2022 at 12 ET: RStudio Energy Meetup - Introduction to functional data analysis | Led by Santiago Rodriguez
- March 24, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Erin Pierson, Senior Manager of Trading Operations at Charles Schwab (coming soon)
- March 31, 2022 at 12 ET: Data Science Hangout with Mike Smith, Senior Director Statistics at Pfizer (coming soon)
Call for Speakers
If you’re interested in sharing your work at a Meetup (or just starting to consider it for a future date down the road!), please fill out the speaker submission form. We’re always looking for a diverse set of speakers — if you are a member of a group that is underrepresented in data science, including people of color, those with disabilities, elders/older adults, LGBTQ folks, and women/minority genders, we highly encourage you to submit!
Please visit source website for post related comments.